St. Martin's church (Reahus)
Slijpsterwei 3 Reahus -plan route

The 1892 neo-Gothic pseudo-Basilica was designed by architect Alfred Tepe. It was the last of the four churches he built in Friesland. Restorations took place in 1968 and 1990.

The neo-Gothic pulpit is from 1901. The high altar from 1900 and the side altars are from the Mengelberg studio in Utrecht. The church organ from 1928 was built by the Adema Brothers of Leeuwarden. The stained glass windows date from different periods. In the nave the eight beatitudes are depicted and at the high altar images of the bishops Willibrord and Boniface. A number of statues of Martin are present, including one on horseback.

(source wikipedia / photo friesland wonderland)