The 1872 structure was designed by architect Pierre (P.J.H.) Cuypers, known for the Central Station and the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. However, it remained unfinished. The church has no tower. The 1891 church organ was built by Maarschalkerweerd & Son of Utrecht. The stained glass windows were made by F. Nicolas.
The church is open regularly during the week so that interested parties can tour the church and, of course, during normal services.