Steel sculpture Douma's Steel

Voltastraat 5 Sneek -plan route

Douma Staal is an independent family business founded in 1918 by two brothers, Geert and Sippe Douma, who previously worked in their father's wheelwright shop. In the beginning, the company focused on the iron trade. After World War II, they decided to start selling machinery as well. The company was located on the Grootzand in downtown Sneek. In 1979 the warehouse was moved and established at the current location in the industrial area 'Houkesloot'. The office section and machinery showroom remained in downtown Sneek. Since 1989 the office section and showroom have also been located at industrial area 'Houkesloot'. From then on the name Douma's IJzerhandel changed to Douma Staal en Machines. The sale of tools and ball bearings was completely stopped, the machines remained. In 1995 it was decided to focus completely on the sale of steel and to divest the machinery department. The name was also changed to Douma Staal BV from then on.