Marktstraat 1 Sneek -plan route

With the commissioning of the "Bestjoershûs," the building has regained its original function. In 1864 the building was built as Wymbritseradeel's town hall. Due to the municipal redivision of 1984, it became obsolete. Wymbritseradeel merged with the town of IJlst to form Wymbritseradiel. A new town hall was built on the Stadslaan in IJlst. The old town hall in Sneek was sold and for a time served as a bank building.

Especially fitting in the council chamber was difficult. The council of the former Wymbritseradeel had 15 members, including 2 aldermen. The current council of Súdwest-Fryslân consists of 37 people, excluding 5 aldermen. Eventually, after good discussions with the Council for Cultural Heritage, a large part of the upper floor was set up as a council chamber. Inevitably, some walls disappeared. At the same time, old elements were preserved or even brought back, behind the lowered ceilings the bank had put in. A 1955 mural (a depiction of the Frisian countryside) has also been preserved.

On the outside, the building has been repainted in the colors of 1864. Most wooden parts are finished in sand yellow and green, while sand brown and brownish gray have also been used. The renovation - global cost (including furnishings) about 1.5 million euros - was realized by contractor Bouwcollectief Sneek in combination with Bouwbedrijf Van der Meer Sneek, in cooperation with a large number of local and regional companies.